Introducing ANIMPACT Apparel:Products 4 Change


           16,938: that is the number of known endangered/threatened species on this earth. Please note that I have said known species. This means that there are thousands of species whos populations have yet to be evaluated. So here's the problem - many habitats on this earth are quickly disappearing due to human impact such as deforestation, pollution, and poaching. As a result, animal populations are declining at a startling rate. This rapid decline has already begun to impact ecosystems and human life around the world.  For more information on the overview of the plight of our planet I suggest watching Leonardo DiCaprio's recent documentary, Before the Flood, it is a shocking look at the reality of our planet but brings instant attention to the issue. Even though it doesn't talk about animal endangerment, it relates directly. the health of our planet determines how healthy Humans and animals will be in the coming years I have included a link to the trailer here.
Image result for before the flood leonardo dicaprio
(DiCaprio at Before the Flood release)

               Almost everyone on this earth, at some point in their life, observes a problem that the world has and desires to make a change in order to help improve their own, or others lives. There have been many moments like this for me, but somehow something always gets in the way. Finally, with the genius project, I have a chance to focus all of my attention on a project that will make an impact. My ultimate long term goal is to create a company called ANIMPACT Apparel: Products 4 Change, that produces products to raise funds and awareness for endangered animals and habitats around the world. This is a very ambitious goal but one that I know I can achieve due to the support I have from my friends and family.

            The name is an interesting part of my process, ANIMPACT, it is a combination of the words animal and impact, not only is it a combination of two words but it is also a message. I'm trying to make an impact, it is a promise to work to speak up for those who don't have a voice and work towards a healthier and better planet. 
Image result for people on phones
(Phones are very prominent in our lives)

              My motto is that all great things have small beginnings, so I am starting my project by designing inserts for clear phone cases. Because phones are so prominent in our lives today and because many people like interesting cases, I decided that there was no better way to spread awareness and gain interest quickly than by creating phone cases. These phone cases will sport an arrangement of endangered animals/habitats. I hope that these take off quickly and that soon I may add more products to my list. Below I have included a timeline of where I plan to be in the next few months.  I hope that once my products are available that you all will help support me in my endeavors to protect animals and habitats worldwide.

Comments

Popular Posts